Pages

15 June 2013

Memes and Things

I read a lot of social media, so I read a lot of memes. Some memes are great. Some are sexist. Some are misogynistic. And the list goes on.

One thing a lot of memes have in common is the use of so-called quotes from so-called influential people. It's come to light that just because a meme was put together with a quote and a picture of a famous person, it doesn't mean that s/he said what the meme asserts s/he said.

I thought it would be funny to illustrate this point with memes featuring images of influential people using my own quotes (even using my own name as the source of the quote) just to see the response. But, then I got to thinking, hell I've said some pretty interesting and awesome things (as per moi) so why wouldn't I just do up a bunch of memes without any image and just the words and put them up on my blog?

So here you go...







No comments:

Post a Comment